We offer custom orthotics in Etobicoke to help improve the function of your feet and lower limbs while walking or participating in other physical activities.
Orthotics are custom-made inserts for your shoes. Custom foot orthotics are designed to support, align and improve the function of your feet and lower limbs while walking or participating in other physical activities. With custom orthotics, we create support to alter certain movements or offload stress within the tissues of your feet and legs. Orthotics are designed to provide pain relief and ongoing support to allow for realignment of the knees, hips, and spine, consequently, these provide relief for a range of problems not just limited to your feet. Orthotics may help with foot pain. They can also be used as a preventative measure for daily activity, sport and work demands on your feet.
Orthotics can help relieve pain caused by these conditions:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Planta Fasciitis (heel pain and/or arch pain)
- Claw Toes
- Pronation (flat feet)
- Supination (high arch feet)
- Tibialis Posterior Tendonitis
- Shin pain
- Knee problems
CUSTOM ORTHOTICS TREATMENT PLAN
Our custom orthotics treatment plan consists of three stages:
1. Assessment – A biomechanical foot assessment is performed by a registered physiotherapist to determine the most appropriate way to support your feet. This assessment also includes the history of your condition/injury, relevant medical history, demands on your feet and goals regarding your activities.
2. Prescription – The orthotics prescription depends on your individualized assessment and the nature of your injury. For patients with sensitive foot problems, including elderly or patients with serious injuries, softer more flexible orthotics will be designed to provide support and decrease pain in the sensitive areas.
However, for serious conditions that require ankle and foot support, customized orthotics will be designed. They will be based on a biomechanical assessment. Once we have done the assessment and prescribed your orthotics we will send your order to the lab.
3. Fitting Session and Follow Up – Once we have your custom orthotics ready, we will book you in for a fitting session. In this session, we will ensure that the orthotics fit properly in your shoes and you are comfortable walking while wearing them. Orthotics are often transferable from shoe to shoe.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY
Natalia is a Registered Physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, and a member of The McKenzie Institute International. She has 15 years of experience in the treatment of orthopedic and sports injuries. She has taken some of the most recognized courses in her field, such as: McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy, Acupuncture, Manual course Level III, and Active Release Techniques (A.R.T.)
Natalia’s focus is on bringing awareness to the reasons why her patients are experiencing pain, lack of movement and other symptoms. If you know what you are doing wrong you then can improve. She will also teach you exercises that are tailored for your own needs so that you can treat your problem and feel better faster. Natalia strongly believes in the empowerment of patients in their journey towards recovery. This can only be done through the active participation of the patient in their recovery, inside and outside of the clinic.
Natalia Converso - P.T.Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, TMJ, Orthotic Inserts
We are located on the South-East corner of Evans Ave. and Kipling Ave. Immediately south of the QEW (beside the Petro Canada Gas Station). Two minute walk from the TTC Kipling Evans bus stop. We have FREE PARKING and are WHEELCHAIR accessibility.
Etobicoke Physiotherapy entrance:
– Steps (North West Corner of Building)
– Ramp (West Side of Building)
It's Thursday 5:38 PM — We're Open!
|Monday||8:00 AM — 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM — 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM — 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM — 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM — 3:00 PM|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|